Betsi Cadwaladr Health Board are collaborating with the Welsh Government and Technology Strategy Board to launch a new £1m Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition to find innovative technology based solutions for Health Care.
The focus of this competition is to find new technologies that can make a real difference to patients and nursing staff. The competition offers an opportunity for innovative businesses to work with the NHS in Wales to help solve the anecdotal problem of nursing time being diverted from patient care. Our problem space is: Nurses spend more time than desirable on activities other than patient care, these activities include:
• Serial recording of the same patient information.
• Repeated sharing of the same information with colleagues and other agencies.
• Collecting and recording necessary data for audit purposes.
• Bed management (finding beds for patients).
• Requesting and chasing investigations and test results for patients.
• Finding and completing paper documentation.
• Competition opens: 10 December 2013
• Briefing Event /Supplier Day: 17 January 2014
• Deadline for Submissions: 12:00 Noon, 31 January 2014
• A minimum 5 Phase 1 Contract Awards will be made: 3 March 2014 subject to quality
• Proof of concept to commence: 4 March 2014
• Suppliers to present proposals: 30 June 2014 (at the latest)
• Evaluation of proposals: 14 July 2014
• A minimum two Phase 2 Contract Awards will be made: 28 July 2014 subject to quality
• Project kick off: 4 August 2014
** Please note all dates are subject to change**
For further information relating to this challenge and to register and apply, please visit http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/861/page/70407